Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Busy....busy...busy

Some days, or should I say weeks, are just sooooo busy.  I don't have enough days in the week to accomplish all that I want to do.  I wanted to start weeding my garden and the weeds have already gotten the best of me.  Maybe I'll start next week.

I had a fun 2 days garage saleing/rummage hunting for treasures.  I did find some fabric and little treasures, but was most excited to find a large wrought iron plant stand at a garage sale for $5.  It was filled with old plants that I didn't want, so I was allowed by the owner to dump them in her garden since I was only after the plant stand.  I have seen them for upwards of $45 so I was very excited to find one at a small price.  Before I find a use for it in my garden, I'm going to use it for having a backyard party.  It would be nice holding plates and napkins or something handy like that.  I also found another black iron stand at an estate sale for $10.  I have always been wanting one.  It's funny how that one was more money than the larger one.  I haven't figured out what I will use the smaller one for, but it probably won't be for just holding fruit.  Or it might.....I'm not sure yet.  I haven't had time to play around with ideas for it. 

I just found out that on June 21st is the Belvidere night flea market that is from 4pm to midnight.  I went last year at around 4pm and found some really nice items.  It's on my calendar already.  Thursday is a church rummage sale on Bull Valley Rd close to Crystal Lake Avenue in McHenry.  It starts at 10am.  Friday is a church rummage sale on Walkup Ave in Crystal Lake starting at 8am.  On May 10th is the vintage market in Rockford at the Midway Village Museum.  There are a lot of garden club plant sales coming up.  Be sure to check them out for great prices. 

Happy treasure hunting!  Only about 1 month before the Elkhorn and Cedarburg Wisconsin flea markets.  I'm counting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment