Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Planting Vegetables

It was great to get outside (without a coat) and start planting vegetables.  I found a vintage enamelware bread box (minus the lid) a few years ago for free and have used it for planting spinach and lettuce ever since.  It is so handy to keep in the driveway for easy picking.  That is the best sunny spot in the whole yard so I take advantage of it.  I planted the spinach and lettuce yesterday in the bread box and planted the rest of the spinach, beans, kohlrabi and sugar snap peas in the raised beds today.  I also planted the hyacinths that I bought a few weeks ago at Home Depot.  The major yard cleanup is done, so now I have weeding and more planting to do.

But, not tomorrow. With 3 rummage sales in one day, my day will be spent wonderfully treasure hunting!  Hope yours is full of treasure hunting too.

No comments:

Post a Comment