Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Housecleaning and Gardening

Today was the day to do some major cleaning inside my house.  It was time to put away the spring treasures to make room for the summer treasures.  I always change the doilies so this time I brought out blue and aqua ones.  Some are hand embroidered and my favorite one on the coffee table is a crochet piece.  I brought out my seashell treasures and some other fun vintage ones.  I put a replica of the Sandy Hook New Jersey lighthouse under my lighthouse cloche on my fireplace mantel.  Love it!  It works so well together.

Then, it was onward to the garden.  I had bought some plants on Monday from the Home Depot in McHenry and at Walmart.  I wanted to move the Russian sage that was in my back yard to the front where I thought it would do better.  It will look much better in the rock garden area.  That area needed a little work so I planted 4 creeping phlox in a blue tone in that area.  I want it to fill it in.  It looks nice now, but I can't wait to see it when it is settled in.  Home Depot in McHenry had the creeping phlox at around $3.50 each. 

I am seriously considering having my first garage sale of the season before the end of May.  I may just have it on a Saturday so that everyone will be home to help me.  There is sooooo much to get rid of. So many good things and some not so much.

Lots of good sales this weekend.  Happy treasure hunting!



No comments:

Post a Comment