Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, June 23, 2014

Blumen Gardens in Sycamore Illinois

My friend Mary and I headed out this morning for Blumen Gardens in Sycamore Illinois.  It was a little rainy, but the sun finally poked out later in the morning.

Wow!!!!! That is the word for Blumen Gardens.  It was amazing!  The merchandising was great.  Lots of vintage items were used in displays.  Just how I like it.  Every time we turned around, we were taking a picture.  I'm going to use a few of the pictures in my Flea Market Garden talk next year at Gardenfest.  We didn't want to leave.  It is definitely a place to visit to stroll through.  They had many ideas that I would love to incorporate into my own garden.  So many items can be repurposed and used in the garden as Blumen Gardens showed so well.  Mary bought me this cutest button.  I haven't figured out where to hang it yet, but she thought it said "me".  I love it!  The color is one of my new color obsessions. 

I finished my memory pillow today (Mary gave me a bright idea to make it more complete).  It has a Paris theme with some vintage Paris items to finish it off.  I'm happy with the result.

Thursday is a rummage sale at the Immanuel Lutheran School in Crystal Lake behind the Hobby Lobby starting at 8am.  McHenry East High School will have a sale in their parking lot on Friday.  Elkhorn Flea Market is on Sunday in Elkhorn Wisconsin. 

Happy treasure hunting! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! I'm swooning over those blue shutters! (And your memory pillow looks so pretty :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I'm looking forward to visiting Blumen Gardens again soon. I could get lost there!

      Delete