Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fun Filled Weekend!

Before I picked the boys up from camp on Friday, I fit in many sales during the morning.  One in particular was an estate sale in Cary.  I had been to their first one a few weekends ago and bought some great vintage tablecloths.  So, when I saw they were having part 2, I had to go.  I bought vintage costume jewelry (quite a few pieces) and a jewelry armoire to go with them.  I needed some more jewelry space and this was a nice large armoire.  I am very pleased with it.  I still haven't put anything into it yet.  I need to spend some time going through my jewelry and organizing it into what I wear most often to what I don't wear often enough.  I'm looking forward to going through all of my jewelry.

On Saturday was a day trip up to Monroe and New Glarus Wisconsin.  We always do a cheese stock up run in November, but didn't have time this year.  We were mighty low on cheese.  Most cheese freeze well (except cheddar), so we buy a lot and freeze it.  Swiss Colony had soooooo many good deals on cheese, cakes and candy.  We were in heaven.  The town of New Glarus had a "taste" of local foods and it was fun to sample different restaurants in the area.  They do it every year and it makes for a nice day trip.  We stopped at Van's Antique Shop in Walworth on the way home.  I found some things for Christmas presents already.  It's never too early to shop for Christmas when you come across something that you know a certain person will love.

Today was the Elkhorn Flea Market.  It started out cool and cloudy, but turned into a wonderful morning.  The boys and I actually did the whole flea market in 3 1/2 hours.  Pretty quick for us.  There were quite a few booths with $1 and $5 items.  Of course, we bought some things.  I bought a wonderful angel decorative piece for $5 and already put it into my hosta garden.  It is an angel area so this fit right in.  I had just mentioned to the boys that I wanted some pink flamingos and would you know it, there they were.  The dealer wanted $10 for the 3 of them.  How could I refuse?  Every dealer we saw after that was priced so much higher for their pink flamingos.  I already put them into the garden and they look so cute.  Since I only used 3 (and not a million), it looks cute, not tacky.  We had lots of fun at the flea market.  We probably spent most of our money on food.  As usual.  But, we did come home with some treasures.

The next Cedarburg flea market is on July 13 and on the same day is the Union Historical Museum day in Union Illinois where they have an auction and a thrift sale.  On July 12 is the Master Gardener garden walk starting out at the Demo garden at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake.  It is a self guided tour with a plant sale at the Demo garden.  It is a wonderful way to spend the day.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment