Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, August 1, 2014

McHenry County Fair

The McHenry County Fair goes on until Sunday.  We had lots of fun on Wednesday when we met our friends for a day of rides and food.  We have been meeting them every year since the kids were little.  It's a shame that the "kids" are getting bigger and this may have been our last year of rides.  Hopefully we can still meet for the food and fun. 

My pillow and felted handbag entries won blue ribbons.  I am so excited.  Our vegetable and flower entries did well but this was not the best year for them.


The boys and I managed to sneak in a rummage sale at Calvary Church in Crystal Lake.  It is always a big sale and this one didn't disappoint.  Its always a fun one.  Lots of friends to catch up with also.


I also got to some garage and estate sales this week.  Today Caring Transitions had an estate sale in Woodstock and I found 2 vintage Christmas tablecloths and a few other vintage linens.  I still need to organize my linen collection.  I'm hoping to get to them soon.

Joyful Harvest Church in Johnsburg is having a rummage sale on August 15th.

Happy treasure hunting!



No comments:

Post a Comment