Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Carriage House Antiques Announcement

Carriage House Antiques will be celebrating their 10th anniversary at 21 E Crystal Lake Avenue in Crystal Lake next week by hosting an open house starting on Thursday Sept 18th until Sunday Sept 21st.  It's hard to believe that 10 years has passed.  I remember visiting them to treasure hunt when they began and have always dreamt of being a part of their team.

I am so pleased that they have asked me to join them.  I will be selling my treasures starting on the Thursday of the open house.  I am so excited!  I have been soooo busy sorting and pricing treasures that I'm sure all of you would love.

Even more exciting was what I read in the newest issue of Flea Market Style.  Awhile back, the magazine asked for suggestions on favorite stores and I submitted Carriage House Antiques as mine.  I was so excited to read that my suggestion was printed along with my blog name.  How cool is that?  So, the other day I was in Carriage House Antiques and a customer walked in and told us that she read about their place in Flea Market Style magazine.  Wonderful!  I couldn't have been more pleased.

I am very happy and touched to be a part of this wonderful place with some wonderful people.  I am looking forward to meeting all of the customers and bringing my love of vintage treasures to all of you.  Please stop by the open house to say hello.

On another note:  my friend Cecilia and I will be having a girls day on Thursday while hitting the church rummage sale in Prairie Grove on Route 176 and as many garage sales as we can.  Too much fun for one day.

I finished redesigning the white utility cart that I found at the Cedarburg flea market.  It had brown contact paper on it and was pretty ugly.  The contact paper came off pretty easily and I put on bright flowers to cover some of the rusty areas.  It looks really cute and can be changed really easy and quickly if a new look is desired.  It will be for sale at the open house in my space.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment