Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Cedarburg Flea Market

What a blast we had at the Cedarburg flea market!  We spent the day there and made 3 trips back to the car.  It was a good thing that we didn't park that far away.  Caldwell actually paid the boys to make the trips with him to the car.  I got to treasure hunt instead.

The car was loaded when we left.  I found 3 Statue of Liberty statues.  This is my newest collection obsession along with Eiffel Towers.  Ethan came home with the most.....Disney glasses which are his recent obsession.  (I had to clear out another cabinet in the kitchen to put them in).  I'm glad he has a new collection.  It's fun to have something to look for.

I found a neat utility cart that is a chipped white...too cool.  I did find some aluminum too.  It's not a good treasure hunt unless I find aluminum.

On the way to the flea market, we passed a garage sale that didn't start until 9am and we didn't want to wait around since it was only close to 8am.  So, after the sale, since there was still some room in the van, we stopped by.  Caldwell had to buy a table saw which made us have to pull everything out of the trunk and rearrange.  But, we fit it all back in along with the lamp, topiaries and candle holder that I bought at the garage sale.  The lamp had to ride with us in the front since I didn't know where else to put it.  It was an amazingly fun day.  The last sale is on Oct 5th.

Tomorrow is a church rummage sale in Harvard on Diggins Street at the Harvard Trinity Lutheran Church and it starts at 7am.  On Sept 11 is the Church rummage sale in Prairie Grove at 9am.  Fall rummage sales are starting up.  The last Elkhorn flea market is on Sept 28th and the last Mukwonago flea market is the weekend of Sept 13-14.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment