Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, October 31, 2014

On the Road Again

My friend Cecilia and I spent the whole day yesterday treasure hunting.  It was such a blast!  It is great to have someone to bounce ideas off of.  We pick up things that we know each other would like incase the other missed something.  The man at the store wasn't sure that we could pack all of the furniture that she bought into my van, but since I'm the master packer (as Cecilia says), we fit it all.  The back seat is there for a reason.  It was jammed packed too.

We still found time to stop at a new store that we found in Barrington right off of Route 14.  There was a pink sign on the road for Pink Geranium.  Our interest was piqued so we decided to stop.  It is in a nice old brick building.  They sell architectural remnants, new items and vintage items.  It was their 4th week opened.  They are only opened on Thurs-Sat.  Their Christmas open house is in 2 weeks so that might be a good time to visit them.  They are supposed to combine it with other Barrington stores.  We bought a few treasures, but I think that they have so much more room to stock more treasures for sale.

Happy Halloween!  It was scary to wake up with a dusting of snow on the ground.  I'm not ready for it yet.

Happy treasure hunting!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment