Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, April 6, 2015

Spring is Blooming

The crocus are up, hyacinths are just beginning to open and daffodils are starting their birth.  I love spring with all of the promise of what is to come.  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and Passover.  We were invited to our first Seder dinner this weekend.  It was a memorable evening.  We celebrate Eastern Orthodox Easter on Sunday April 12th.

This Saturday is Gardenfest at Mchenry County College in Crystal Lake.  My presentation is ready.  I am so excited to share my love of creating gardens with flea market finds.

I have been so busy with finishing up little projects, searching for treasures to bring to Carriage House Antiques and anything else that comes up.  I had this wonderful night stand that was sponge painted a pink/grey color.  I painted it white this weekend and added a glass nob for a more vintage look.  I love how it came out.

The Mchenry Garden Club is having a Container Garden Show on April 28th at Mchenry West High School in Mchenry.  Carriage House Antiques donated a wonderful basket filled with garden related items for the raffle.

Once again, I rearranged my space at the store.  It looks so light and bright.  I love moving things around so that everything looks so new.  I brought in this wonderful bird cage with white chipped/rusty patina.  It looks so awesome hanging from the ceiling.

Next week I'm going to start planting lettuce/spinach/swiss chard.  I can't wait to taste the freshness!


Happy treasure hunting.



No comments:

Post a Comment