Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Busy Week

Last week was so busy, but so much fun.  It took me three days to rearrange and organize my space at Carriage House Antiques for our Spring and Garden open house.  It was amazing!  I had so much fun when the doors finally opened.  People were waiting to come in and it didn't stop until we closed the doors on Sunday.  The weather cooperated for the most part.  Thursday was the best sunny day of the open house.  It was great seeing everyone.

So, this week it's back to normal.  I tweaked my space and added a few new items.  I also set up a clearance area on vintage linens.  I really marked them down so that I can make room for newly found linens that I want to add.  I was running out of space.

School for the boys ends today.  I'm looking forward to the summer with them.  (Even with the full calendar of camps and events that already is marked on the calendar).

Friday and Saturday is an antique fair at Northwind Perennial in Burlington WI.  I like this fair.  It's not far from Lake Geneva so you can head over there when your done.  It makes for a nice day.  St. Charles Flea Market is also this weekend.  Klehm Arboretum in Rockford is having their garden fair Friday thru Sunday.  You can get plants for great prices.  It's a nice event.  Nellies Barn sale in Roscoe is also this weekend.  I have never been to it, but it looks great.  I'm hoping to get there this year.

June 11 is the Immanuel Lutheran Rummage Sale in Crystal Lake.  June 13 is the Urban Farmgirl Fair at Midway Village in Rockford with load of vendors.  See her Facebook page.  June 27th is the evening Belvidere Flea Market at the fairgrounds in Belvidere.  It is also the Taste of New Glarus in New Glarus WI.  (Past Monroe WI).

I have so much to do in the garden, but an estate sale is calling to me.  I'll try to make time for both.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment