Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

What a Sale Weekend!

Sooo many sales this past weekend.  I had a great time.  I tried to fit in as many garage sales/estate sales as I could.  The boys and I were out full days hunting for those treasures.

We actually stopped at Nellie's Barn Sale in Roscoe.  It was fun.  It was nice to meet Ann.  I found a few small vintage Christmas treasures.  Her next sale is on Oct 9-10 from 10-4pm at 10985 Main Street in Roscoe.  Afterwards, we shopped a few sales that were in Rockton for the Route 75 sales.  Rockton has a cute downtown with at least 4 antiqueish stores.  It is a nice place to check out.   We then stopped at the Klehm Arboretum for their garden fair and bought flowers at great prices.  This is always a great place to pick up lots of flowers.  The weather was beautiful for a day outside.  I can't believe how much we walked that day.

On Saturday, we visited Northwind Perennial in Burlington WI for their annual antique show/flea market.  It was another perfect day with many treasures to be found.  I left with a vintage wire display stand to hold linens in my space at the Carriage House.  I set it up yesterday and displayed my linens in it.  I love it! (I have a wooden box filled with linens that are on clearance to make room for the new ones I'm bringing in).  I also bought a white chippy plant stand that is now in my sunroom holding off white planters of all types.  I'm selling the black vintage metal stand that I was using to hold the planters.  Chippy Shabby had a booth at the show and Jeanine always has the most wonderful chippy treasures.  It's always so nice to stop by to see her displays.

Immanuel Lutheran rummage sale in Crystal Lake is on Friday June 12th.  I thought it was on Thursday since that was what their website had.  The newspaper has it on Friday so just double check before you head there.  Grayslake changed their flea market date to June 20-21 this month.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment