Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Awesome in White

There are a few things that I have been looking for.  For a long time I have wanted a white chippy lawn set with chairs and animal figure milk glass pieces by Westmoreland.

Well, Friday was my lucky day!  I can't even count how many sales, estate/rummage and garage sales that I went to on Friday.  My second stop was an estate sale where I was 5th in line.  Always good for me when I'm pretty early in the line.  Anyway, I spotted a wonderful patio set in white iron like I have always wanted.  The best part, the part that sold me, was that it was $40.  I had to have it!  It took me 4 trips to my car to load it, but it was worth it.  It is now in my sunroom and it looks great with the green/white/seashell theme I have in there.  The corner where it is looks so open now.


My last stop of the day was a garage sale.  I instantly saw the table full of milk glass.  Milk glass isn't popular at this time, so there was a lot of it.  I found a few Westmoreland pieces that I have been hunting for.  One is a duck on a nest and the other is a lion on a nest.  They are so wonderful!  I rearranged the collection in my dining room so that they are in the center.  I bought a few other pieces, but these are staying in my collection.



The Wisconsin State Fair was sooooo much fun!  I had never been there.  We ate way too much.  Especially deep fried......way too much.  I was expecting more agricultural themed exhibits, but the food was plentiful.  We spent some time in the Horticultural building.  I love looking at the knitted and quilted entries.



I had to keep the excitement going, so today we went to the Mukwonago flea market in Mukwonago WI.  Wow was it hot!  Even at 8:30 in the morning it was steamy.  There is only 1 more on September 12-13.

Happy treasure hunting!

4 comments:

  1. Milena,
    Your table set is great. Wonderful find. I have never gone to the Mukwonago flea before.
    I might have to check that out. Have a wonderful week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris, Mukwonago flea market is a smaller market with new items mixed in with vintage, antique, repurposed and rusty. I like it because it is a 2 day market and I always find something at really good prices. Thanks for the visit! Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. Hi Milena
    I've been looking for a patio setting just like that for quite some time - sigh - c'est la vie!
    The milk glass is gorgeous too - you know a good thing when you see it!!!
    Happy weekend - whatever you're up to!
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shane, I too was looking for that table and chairs for a long time. Funny how I was wishing hard for it for some reason before that sale and poof! it was there. Maybe I should start wishing hard for other things before a sale, lol. Milena

      Delete