Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Finding Treasures

I just had to show a picture of the great giant pig bank that I found at the Mukwonago flea market on Saturday.  It's for sale in my space at the Carriage House Antiques right now.  I had Ethan carry it to the car since it is really heavy.  Isn't it cute?


Today we visited NIU in Dekalb.  We had a chance to visit some resale/thrift stores on the way home.  There are soooo many more that we didn't have a chance to stop at, but will soon.  I see a girlfriend trip in the near future.  2 really good finds:  Whatever! on S. 4th Street and My Favorite Things on E. Lincoln Hwy.  I found a lot of treasures at both places.  A few of the other stores weren't open on Tuesdays.  I love exploring new places.  You never know what you will find.  That's the fun with treasure hunting.  I wanted to stop at Blumen Gardens in Sycamore, but we ran out of time.  That is also a must stop at place when you are in that area.

Happy treasure hunting!

18 comments:

  1. Milena,
    Oh I love Bloomin gardens and have not been there in awhile. When I am out that way I will have to check out Whatever! that sounds like a cool place. Glad you had a great trip out to Dekalb. Thank you again for my lovely gifts. I will have a post tomorrow on your sweet and loving gifts.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milena,
    I look forward to reading your spotlight on Saturday. Isn't Kris just delightful, we've become friends through blogging and I adore her. I am now following your blog.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vera,
      Thanks for stopping by to see my blog! Kris is wonderful and very thoughtful. I'm glad that I have met her....and now...you. I stopped by your blog to find out about you and am now following you also. Milena

      Delete
  3. Hi Milena! Dropping in from Junk Chic Cottage. You had me at Mukwonago - just a ten minute drive from my house. I'm guessing you have been to Hippie Tom's and Elkhorn as well. Love your silly pig! Looking forward to reading your posts - and a trip to Crystal Lake is in my future. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, I also love the Elkhorn flea market but I don't know about Hippie Tom's. Please share! Hope to see you in Crystal Lake soon.

      Delete
  4. Hi Milena, dropping in from my visit to see Kris! First off, love your header, looks awesome. Love your pig! I'll be back!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, thanks for stopping by. I love that pig! It is cute in a weird way, lol. Milena

      Delete
  5. Hi Milena, dropping in from my visit to see Kris! First off, love your header, looks awesome. Love your pig! I'll be back!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Milena, So nice ti have met you through Kris. I sell vintage and antiques too. Love the hunt. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, thanks for looking at my blog. Hope you find some treasures this weekend! Milena

      Delete
  7. Hi Milena, Saw your feature at Kris'. I like your blog title. :):) The first ever junk shop I was ever in , was some place in Illinois. I am thinking St. Charles...or something like that. I was just 19 yrs. old...that was a loooong time ago. LOL. I will visit you now that I know about you. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie, treasure hunting is soooo addicting. I think St. Charles was the first place I went to when I moved to the Midwest to go treasure hunting. Thanks for visiting my blog. Milena

      Delete
  8. Popping over from Kris' to say hello! What a really neat way to meet and connect. I am glad she featured you, always fun to make a new friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, I'm glad that you stopped by to say hello. Milena

      Delete
  9. Hi Melina, I'm popping over from Junk Chic Cottage for a visit. So glad Kris introduced you to us. You would be a fun person to go junk shopping with for sure!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melina, I found you via your Saturday Spotlight at Junk Chic Cottage! Loved reading about your story (especially that you are a Jersey Girl, like me!). That' a cute pig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, so glad to meet another Jersey Girl! Glad you stopped by to share. Milena

      Delete