Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, August 28, 2015

Finding a Vintage Scale

I seem to be finding vintage scales lately and it's now an obsession to find them whenever I'm out treasure hunting.  I already found 2 this week.  One has a green color and the other one is rusty black. It's the rusty black one that I'm excited about.

The other scales were up to 24 lbs.  This one is 60 lbs and it was made in Connecticut.  It is sooooo rusty and chipped that it was love at first sight.  I originally intended to sell it, but I can't part with it. I had stopped at a garage sale that didn't have many things for sale and there it was!  Even if a sale doesn't look that good from afar, I stop anyway.  You never know.

The scale has a similar color/patina to the vintage trophies that I have in my living room.  So, I added the scale to where they are and I love it!  They are a perfect combination for fall decorating which I will start next week.  I can't believe that summer is almost over, except for the Indian summer that always comes in October.  I do love the cooler days/nights when I can wear a sweater.  I am definitely a sweater girl.

Here is another upcoming event:  Sunday Oct 4th is the Cider Fest at the Historical Society in Union IL.  It is a fun day of fall activities and the barn is open for a rummage sale.  There are always really neat vintage items there.  See their website at:  www.GotHistory.org

Happy treasure hunting!

8 comments:

  1. Very cool scale Milena. Have a great week end. Sounds like the Cider Fest will be fun.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. Hope your weekend is great too! It's so hard to choose between the Cider Fest and the Cedarburg flea market when they fall on the same day.

      Delete
  2. I like the scale too! Looks great with the arrangement you've made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita! I always love to change things around a bit. Milena

      Delete
  3. Your scale is so perfect where you have it displayed! I went through a time where I kept finding scales but not anymore. I find so much that I can't part with too! I have been collecting pitchers and bread boards and keep finding them. I will have to sell some soon. I am a sweater girl too and can't wait to wear my new aqua one. It is my new favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent most of today going through my milk glass collection trying to eliminate some pieces and reorganize it. Sometimes I just get in that mood to get rid of some of my treasures to make room for whatever else I find!

      Delete
  4. Hi Milena :)

    I love that scale... so cute! Those trophies are really neat too.

    I found you via Kris :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rue, thanks for stopping by! I read your blog today (via Kris). So nice getting to know you. Milena

      Delete