Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Snow, Snow, Snow

Wow did it snow!  Unbelievable for the first snowfall of the season.  I'm guessing well over 12 inches in my yard.  The boys and I thought we had enough time to get home from Peoria yesterday (since the snow was forecast to start around 9pm).  Boy was I in for a surprise when I hit Rockford,  It was horrible. The snow had started before 6pm.  How can something so beautiful be so dangerous in the dark?  We made it home safely, but I was way too stressed after that.



This morning, it was beautiful with the trees covered in snow.  I love the snow when I'm home safe and can enjoy it.  It was a good day to stay home and get things done.


The Holiday Open House at Carriage House Antiques is this weekend.  I worked on Thursday and it was soooo crowded.  It was so much fun to see the happiness on everyone's face when they found a vintage Christmas treasure.  Tomorrow the store is open from 12-3.


I can't wait to decorate my house for Christmas.  I love vintage Christmas treasures and just love to open the boxes where the ornaments are stored.  Every year is like finding something new!

A few sales are still popping up.  Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment