Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, November 13, 2015

So Many Ideas

I have been gathering ideas/pictures for different Christmas/holiday displays when I finally starting putting it all together.  I have soooo many pots/containers and recently found small trees.  So, I decided to put them together after I gathered other "stuff" that I seem to accumulate.  It sure came in handy this time.

I had two great green boxes that I filled with pinecones and a tree for a simple quick display. Yesterday I found a really cool cheese box and decided to fill it with a tree, sparkly ornaments and a gold glitter deer that I did last year.  The deer was red but was missing color in patches all over its body so I didn't feel bad covering it.  This display came out cute with some bling.


I also love buckets, which I have many.  So, I just added fake trees with pinecones to a sap bucket and red/white enamel bucket.  Love the look!

While I was creating with small vintage trucks, I came across a vintage Santa that I have always loved and didn't want to part with.  I just added him to a truck, filled it with an evergreen pick and added some trim around the truck.  It's a keeper!


This past summer I found a chippy green stand that I knew would be great as a stand for a wreath.  So simple to tie a wreath to it.  I chose a red berry wreath so both would stand out.


This morning I had some extra time, so I finished putting two bottlebrush trees (one is vintage) onto vintage wooden blocks and then added some trim.  A hot glue gun really comes in handy this time of year.  They will be cute to add a little extra something in a display.  I love to use vintage items as often as possible.  I have been saving vintage wood blocks and I'm glad that I did.  They give the trees so much more character.


I just wanted to share some ideas for simple holiday displays.  I'm off to a few estate sales today where I'm sure to find more treasures.  

Happy treasure hunting!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting into the holiday spirit! Hope you had fun at the estate sales, and came home with goodies!

    ReplyDelete