Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year!

Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year!  I hope that all of you had a wonderful holiday.  I did even though it went much too quickly.  Much more quickly this year (I thought) then in the past.  I guess that happens as you get older.

I still have my Christmas decorations up.  (Except for the tree which was too dry to keep up any longer).  I celebrate Serbian Orthodox Christmas on January 7th so I usually keep the decorations up until after that.

Then, the cleaning begins.  I am going to tackle an early spring cleaning to get ahead of myself. Especially since the weather forecast is for extreme cold next week.  A perfect time for me to stay inside and do some work.

I spent 4 1/2 hours redesigning my space at Carriage House Antiques yesterday.  I took out all of the Christmas treasures and put in lots of white.  The January issue of Country Living spotlights milk glass.  I recently went through my milk glass collection and took out the duplicate pieces and ones that I didn't want anymore.  I added them to my space yesterday.


There's also some pieces on the side shelves.


I definitely like how the space is much more open now.  It seems brighter and easy to look through. Here's a picture from another angle.


I'm looking forward to doing some thrift store shopping today.  I didn't get to do that much while the holidays were here.  I did get to an estate sale on Saturday and found quite a bit of vintage embroidered Christmas linens.  I was thrilled!

Happy treasure hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment