Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

More Hammered Aluminum

You never know what you will find at a sale.  That's part of the reason why I love to shop them.  At a recent garage sale of mostly newer items, I found 2 wonderful Everlast hammered aluminum candle holders for $2.  They are so different from what I have.  How could I ever pass them up?  Another reason why you should always stop at a sale even though from the road it doesn't look like anything will interest you.  You never know!

The 12 trays also by Everlast were at an estate sale for $10.  It was an estate sale further away from where I usually go but since I wasn't busy that day, Austin and I took a ride.  He was happy that he found some Coca Cola items.


Tomorrow starts the sidewalk sales in downtown Crystal Lake at 8am.  The Carriage House will open at 10:30 as usual.  We have marked down soooo much!  I was just there marking down some of my vintage jewelry.  I want to make room for new treasures.  The Crystal Lake Antique mall across the street from the Carriage House will be having a flea market on Saturday.


I'm trying to make room in my space so all hammered aluminum is 20% off.

Upcoming dates:  July 31 Holy Hill flea market on the grounds of Basilica of Holy Hill in Hubertus WI.  I haven't been to this sale but have always wanted to.  It runs from 7-3pm. Free parking and admission.

Elkhorn flea market is Aug 3-7, Mukwonago flea market is Aug 20-21 and Shop the Shed in East Dundee IL is August 27.

The McHenry County 4-H fair in Woodstock IL is Aug 3-7 and the Boone County Fair in Belvidere IL is Aug 9-14.  Both are loads of fun.  I especially love to see the quilts and sewing projects.

Happy treasure hunting!


1 comment: