Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, January 12, 2017

January is for....organizing

Happy New Year!

January for me is usually when I go overboard organizing.  This year is no exception.  I feel so much better after I have purged, rearranged and organized my house.  I can then get ready for what the new season of sales has to offer.

I had always planned on selling the vintage young adults/adults books that I had been collecting for years.  I finally did!  Many of the books are up now on Ebay for sale and some are at the Carriage House.  The bulk of them I will bring to a flea market that I plan on selling at on March 12 at the Elgin High School in Elgin Illlinois.  It is a great flea market with everything from vintage to new and crafts.

The bookcase now holds some of my milk glass collection that I condensed from other areas of the house.




I added a Hull vase collection that I hadn't planned on starting but couldn't pass up as I found them. The prices were too good.  We also have a large collection of paperweights that was paired down.  A recent obsession of mine has been silverplated pitchers so I added a few to the bookcase as well as a few ironstone pitchers.  I know I will keep tweaking it but for now I love how it is open and clean.

I took some advice from my friend Cecilia and didn't sell my favorite barn.  I sold a few at the Carriage House but she advised me not to sell my favorite one.  I am so glad that I listened to her because it looks so great on top of the bookcase holding two cow figures.


I am pleased that one new years resolution has been completed.  The bookshelf has been reorganized which allowed me to reorganize other parts of my living room/dining room.  Of course there's still more organizing to be done, but I'm on my way!



Mark your calendars for March 12 for the flea market at the Elgin High School at 1200 Maroon Dr in Elgin Illinois from 9-4 with 8am being early admission.  There is a fee to enter.

Happy treasure hunting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Milena. The sale in Elgin sounds great. I will have to see if I will be able to take a ride that way in March. Thanks for the info. Stay warm and cozy. Happy Friday.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete