Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Farmers Market Fun

Last weekend we were at a Pokemon Regional Tournament in Madison Wisconsin.  We have been attending Pokemon tournaments for years now.  The boys love playing the trading card game and have made so many wonderful friends from around the country.  Now that they are older and don't need my supervision (as much), I am free to explore the area.

I love to walk around the Farmers Market in Madison. http://dcfm.org/  It goes all around the capital building.  This year there was construction in the street but the market still went on.


It is the largest producer market in the country.  There were a lot of onions, rhubarb, asparagus, mushrooms, lettuce, spinach, vegetable and flower plants and of course, pastries, breads and cheese.
I ate my share of scones.  The Dairy Council held an event a few blocks away and had lots of cheese and ice cream vendors.  There was even a McDonald's tent!  Cows were the hit with the kids. There was a vintage auto show on a few of the blocks.  I found my dream truck.  Too bad it wasn't for sale.

 
It was a beautiful weekend weather wise.  When we returned home, it was a pleasant surprise to see flowers in bloom.  (Even with the weeds!)


Usually the deer get to this before I can spray to deter them.  I think I beat them this year.


How beautiful this is swaying in the wind!

The Mukwonago Flea Market in Mukwonago WI is this Saturday and Sunday. There is a vintage market in McHenry IL by Fairfield Market on Saturday on Route 120 in the old car dealer building with the large lions out front. http://mchenrycountyliving.com/event/fairfield-market/

Beautiful weather means lots and lots of garage sales.  The church rummage sales have exploded this week also.  I couldn't get to all of them.  I tried though.  Tomorrow is a day of garage saleing.  My perfect way to spend the day.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment