Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Feeling Spring


I love the change in seasons because then I can change my decor. Inside and out. I keep this chippy door on my front porch so that I can change the wreath. 


It's at this time of year that I get the urge to plant something. Aldi has tulips and hyacinths right now for $3.99. Recently I bought a vintage tureen with soft pink flowers on it for $2. I knew right away what I wanted to do with it so I headed out to Aldi this morning and bought some pink hyacinths. 


It looks really nice on my Easter table. I can't wait for the hyacinths to open so that beautiful smell can fill my house.

Speaking of flowers, I came across this cute cow planter and think I may have inadvertently started a new collection. 


I also just found a large wire flower frog that I added to my collection. It was a super exciting find for 50 cents!

There were a few estate sales these last few weeks where I found some great garden items.


The Zion Lutheran Church rummage sale is 8am on April 5. The rummage sale in Huntley is at noon on April 12 and the Presbyterian church on Route 47 in Woodstock is the same day but starts at 8am. In Cary, the church rummage sale is at 9am on April 19.

If the weather cooperates on April 20-21, my 2 friends are joining me to have a huge garage sale at my house. I have been purging daily! I even purged my sea shell collection that I have collected for over 20 years. It feels right now to let them go. Someone else can enjoy them as much as I have. 

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment