Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Spring Tea

Yesterday I attended a Spring Tea with the Ladies group from my church. It was cold, rainy and windy, but the company and estate where it was held was amazing!


We had a tour of the 14,000 square foot house before we sat down to eat. Our hostess Debbie had lovingly restored this home to its grandeur. Beautiful chandeliers, swing saloon doors into the bar area and period furniture where appropriate. 


The kitchen had beautiful built in cabinets when you entered and massive refrigerator space. 


The tables were set up in two rooms...


With floral arrangements and different tea cup settings at each place. 


I was one of the lucky door prize winners of 3 scented hand creams. So fun!


We each wore fancy hats, good thing there were extras there so I had a bunch to choose from. 


It was a nice day and then overnight this happens...


I'm hoping that by Friday the weather is more spring like since I'm having a two day garage sale with 2 of my friends. I think this is where lol comes in!

On a warmer note: May 5 I'm selling at the
Pepper Road and Friends Spring Vendor Market in Lake Barrington from 9-4. I have shopped it before but this is the first time I'm selling at it. I am so excited to be selling there! 


Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment