Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Spring Busyness

So much has been going on in the past month. My youngest son Austin graduated from high school. So the planning has begun for his start of college in the fall. Lots of emotions with this going on also. All will be fine I know but it's bittersweet.

We spent the weekend in Madison Wisconsin recently for the regional Pokemon tournament and I got to walk around the farmer's market. It's fabulous! I highly recommend it if you're ever in the area.


It's on Saturday mornings around the capital. I ate my way around with some delicious scones.

I've been enjoying myself hunting for treasures. Here are some things that I found while shopping a friend's sale:


I decided to keep a few things for myself and redo my dining room. I kept an angel piece from that buy and found a vintage bird cage at a garage sale and put the two together.


I couldn't part with the bird cage. I set it on a vintage silverplated serving tray on top of my buffet.


....along with the angel planters. Here's a side view....



I also kept the bust. I can always use her as a display piece for jewelry or hats. There are so many possibilities.


I have been selectively keeping angel statues from my treasure hunting. Here's one in front of my garage.


Another recent find while treasure hunting is this fabulous crystal chandelier....


No, I didn't keep this one! It's for sale at the Carriage House. It needs to be wired but even as just a display piece it's awesome!

Keep looking for those garage sales and rummage sales. They are in full swing right now. Friday and Saturday is Nellies Barn Sale in Roscoe IL.  June 24th is the flea market in Elkhorn WI. Remember that on Sundays' is the flea market in Wilmot WI.

Janet from Lucky Junk opened a new store in Barrington IL and will be having an open house on June 27 along with two other stores, Wabi and Pink Geranium. It sounds like a fun night!

Happy treasure hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment