Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

July Begins!

Happy 4th of July!


I'm trying to enjoy the lazy days of summer....except I don't know how to be lazy. I have been taking advantage of clothing retailers summer sales. Talbot's and Christopher and Banks have been really great at summer sales. TJMaxx is also tops on my list for weekly visits.

I fell in love with this cow pillow from Vintage Charm Homestead located at Reclaimed Artisans in Libertyville. Isn't it adorable? She also had a goat and pig and some other wonderful pillows. The cow is bordered by vintage quilt pieces.


I made the other pillows a while ago. The one on the left is made from a vintage tablecloth that had many holes in it and the one on the right was from a chenille bedspread that had seen better days. I don't like to cut up vintage fabric pieces unless they can't be saved.

With today being hot and muggy, I decided to stay home and be crafty. I have been wanting to try my hand at stenciling. So, I bought a few stencils and some paint and started with a galvanized bucket that came out just fine. But, I got to thinking about some trays that I had at the Carriage House that I would love to try to stencil on.


They are still drying but I like how they came out! I may try to sand them a little to see what happens. They are purely for decor only since I haven't sealed them nor have I used food safe paint. If there is such a thing. Not too bad for my first attempt at stenciling.

Some upcoming events: The Union Historical Society Fair is on July 8, Gardenwalk by the University of Illinois McHenry County Extension Master Gardeners and McHenry County College is on July 14, Cedarburg WI flea market is on July 15, Mukwonago WI flea market is July 21-22 and Mchenry County Fair located at the fairgrounds in Woodstock is from July 31-Aug 5.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment