Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, August 13, 2018

Welcome August

It's hard to believe that August is already here! I will be moving my boys into college dorms this Saturday and will officially be an empty nester. That's hard to believe too! I'm trying to prepare myself for my life to change but that's something I probably can't prepare for. Lots of crying on Saturday (for me).

I just updated my Flea Market page with more dates for my favorite flea markets so take a look and mark your calendars.

At the Carriage House, we are planning on participating in Vintage Finds Off of Route 14 again this year with so many other wonderful shops.  Plan on visiting us! It's the start of our 15th year in business and my 4th year with them. It's so exciting to be doing something that I love so much.


Here's some great finds since my last post! (The green motel chair is my own) but the others were my recent finds. Love that metal pie safe. It is so chippy!


Look at this great detail and colors in this crochet afghan. I couldn't pass it up.


I fell in love with this little pitcher that was a garage sale find. It's part of my collection now.


Here I am with my "find" during a beautiful day. This mannequin head is now resting in "my" room at home.


This little black table was found at the same market and it replaced a blue farm stool that was in this corner. I like this cohesive color look a lot better.


These gorgeous flowers were from the Woodstock Farmer's Market. You can make your own bouquet with some of the most fabulous flowers that I have ever seen. I have since dried them and can't wait to use them in my fall decorating.


Here's a recent picture of my space at the Carriage House with a great green and white farm table that I found recently. It has such a great farmhouse look. My look and space will be changing very soon so stay tuned for all of the details.

The University of Illinois Extension McHenry County Master Gardeners are putting on a Farm Stroll 
with 12 local farms. It's a self guided tour so you can stay and visit as many farms as you want to. It makes a lovely day in the country. Many of the farms sell items so be prepared to buy some local goods.

Enjoy the rest of the summer. Get in as many sales as you can.

Happy treasure hunting!



2 comments: