Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Happy September!

Happy September!

I have become an empty nester.  It's been a learning process for me and at times lonely without the boys. But, I have been keeping so busy that time is really moving fast.

A few weeks ago, I moved into a larger space at the Carriage House. I am so excited!  We redid the whole store with my move partly to get ready for the Vintage Finds Off Route 14 shop hop this weekend. I can't believe how open my space is now.  There's so much more room to merchandise my items.


I found this great chippy pie safe and it's such a focal point in my space.


Look how great it is!


I also love the Wonder Bread tray. It's the perfect shade of green to blend in with the farm table.


I have a huge wall to display pottery and other small treasures.


All of the flea market magazines are showcasing globes right now. I decided to group mine for a big impact. It worked!


After the move was complete, I decided to have a Christmas craft day. It was hot and steamy outside but I felt like creating and no one was home.  I put on my Greg Allman cd (it was his last one) and just created. It was relaxing and fun!


Last Sunday, Labor Day weekend, I went to the flea market in Cedarburg Wisconsin. The fields were soooo muddy and some of the vendors weren't there, but it was still fun with lots of bargains to be had.  The last one is October 7.


With more rain on Labor Day Monday, I spent it decorating my home for fall. (I went to the Carriage House for a few hours in the early afternoon to straighten up when the tornado sirens started to blast. I ran out of there so fast! Thank goodness none ever came around). This is just a small area of my living room. I have decided to decorate with more fall looking items this time, not really Halloween things. Except for this picture that my friend Cecilia gave me.



So, while I was fall decorating, I decided to move around my sheep pictures and get rid of a few. This one is my favorite sheep picture so it's a keeper.


I moved around the floral needlepoint from my Grandmother and brought those two floral paintings home from the Carriage House. I couldn't stop thinking about them so I thought I better bring them home to live with them for awhile. I'm glad I did!


Here's that mannequin head that I bought a few months ago. Yesterday, I found this hand (made in Trenton New Jersey). I have wanted a hand like this for awhile so I was glad when I found it at Steeplechase Antiques in Barrington.

On Sept 20, I'm giving my Flea Market Gardening presentation to the McHenry Garden Club. It's a lot of fun sharing my love of flea market gardening. 

Upcoming sales:  Sept 7-9 Vintage Finds Off Route 14 Shop Hop (see link above). Sept 13-14 Faith Community Church rummage sale on Route 176 in Prairie Grove starting at 9am. Main Street Market in Rockford Sept 8. Mukwonago Wisconsin flea market Sept 8-9. Antiques and Treasures in the Field in Lake Forest Sept 9. Pecatonica flea market Sept 15-16. Washington Street Market in Barrington on Sept 15. Johnny Appleseed festival in Crystal Lake Sept 29. Elkhorn Wisconsin flea market Sept 30. Master Gardener Farm Stroll Sept 30.  With all of these activities in September you are sure to find a treasure!

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment