Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Catching Up

With the change of seasons, I find myself being busy all the time. It's a good thing. I like to keep busy.

Here's a few of my finds recently:


I have been looking for an ironstone tureen for a while now. Even though the handles were reattached, it's beautiful! It's a keeper.  Another keeper is this wonderful Easter bunny decoration:


It's never too early to think ahead for the holidays. You have to buy it when you find it right? Speaking of the holidays....I found a large amount of vintage Christmas recently.  I couldn't stop my heart from beating out of my chest. It was so exciting!!!!


There were a lot of candy containers and light up figures.


For a huge vintage Christmas lover that I am, this was amazing!


Out of it all, I only kept 2 things. The rest I'll be selling at the Vintage Christmas Open House at Carriage House Antiques November 8-11. (More info to follow)

Another great find, or 2 for that matter was a trophy and ironstone pitcher.


Both are fabulous. Both will be for sale at the Carriage House in the near future. I'm learning not to keep everything I find, but it's hard.

I did a presentation on Flea Market Gardening for the McHenry Garden Club in September. It's a fun presentation that always seems to amaze those attending at how you can upcycle something.


Here I am with a simple display that anyone can do. 

There are still church rummage sales going on. There's one in Huntley tomorrow starting at 12 noon. 3 French Hens is on Saturday in Morris. There's also a fabulous vintage market on Sunday in McHenry at Smiths Garage called A Vintage Market. A fun event in rural Woodstock is Autumn Drive Oct 19-21.

Whatever you choose to do....

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment