Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Chenille Bedspread Pillows

My friend gifted me a torn chenille bedspread that was her mothers'. It truly was a gift to me. First of all, I can't have vintage torn fabric go to waste and I love to make pillows with these remnants.

So, I made six chenille pillows.


I didn't realize how hard chenille was to work with and how much of a mess it made when it was cut up. But, I was on a mission and didn't want to stop. I cut around the most intricate parts of the bedspread....


and I used a torn vintage tablecloth that I had been saving for just this reason for a pillow. I used the torn tablecloth on the back on a few of the pillows and the rest I used vintage inspired fabric. I always put a zipper into the pillows that I make.


I am very pleased with how they came out.  I can't wait to bring them to the Holiday Open House at the Carriage House!

This is why treasure hunting is so fulfilling and exciting.....

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment