Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, February 18, 2019

February Highlights

As I'm sitting here writing this, we have had another snow storm. I just had my driveway plowed. More is expected on Wednesday. Staying inside gives me a good excuse to finish those projects and to prepare for the upcoming markets.


Hope your Valentine's Day was a beautiful day!

I did this simple vignette in my hallway.


I love this picture frame! I just propped in on the built in shelves where I display my favorite magazines each month.



My good friend sent me this for Valentine's Day. It's darling.....



My birthday is in February and my brother sent me some really fun gifts. The best was this dog creamer. He is sitting in my china cabinet with some of my milk glass collection. He is super cute!


In between the freezing rain....


I managed to do some treasure hunting and found this amazing crochet throw. It's too beautiful to part with.



So, on this snowy afternoon,


I went through a few boxes of vintage planters that will slowly make their way into the Carriage House. Some will be there for Easter/spring and the others as the warmer weather approaches.


I even purged a few that were displayed on my windowsill. Being inside for long periods of time give me the opportunity to really look at my collections and to clear out the items I no longer want. It's a good thing and a good feeling. Renew for the spring. More room for new items.

Hopefully, we will all be out soon treasure hunting. Here are a few markets/events coming soon that are not to be missed:

The Vintage Shop Hop is March 1-2. Over 500 shops in IL/WI are participating. Carriage House Antiques is one of them. We are gearing up for a super fun event.



Then, on March 10 is the annual Elgin High School Flea market. I am a vendor there again this year. Find me in booth space 180 in the gym. It is a mix of vintage, new, handcrafted and stuff. It's definitely a must go to event. Daylight savings time starts that day too!


For the first time this year, I am a vendor at a Vintage Event At Night in the evening of April 12th at Smith's Garage in McHenry. It's a mix of vendors: vintage, handmade, artisan and other talented vendors. It's a super fun event. Make sure to put it on your calendar for a fun Friday night under the lights.




Happy treasure hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment