Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Goodwill

Today was one of those cold days when I had a million errands.  I stopped at Sam's Club and bought the Fall/Winter Flea Market Style Magazine.  I love looking at all of the creative ideas.   I get excited after looking through this magazine and just want to go treasure hunting.  So, I did have a few minutes to spare before picking my kids up from school and stopped in at the Goodwill store in McHenry.  I saw a few items that I had donated recently.  I'm glad that most of my donations had sold.

Milk glass is another of my favorite collectibles.  I was excited to find a milk glass vase for 49cents.  I have the same vase in 2 other sizes.  They look really nice on top of my china cabinet.  The other milk glass piece was $4.99.  The cashier asked me what I was going to put in it since it had an odd shape.  I told her that I would figure that out when I got home.  My kids got a few Yugioh manga books, Simpsons watches from Burger King and some old Gameboy color games.  It is so much fun shopping at Goodwill.  You never know what kinds of treasures you will find.  In addition, I had a 10% off coupon.  The fun part is now figuring out where I will put my new treasures.  Speaking of Goodwill, the Goodwill sale at Carsons starts on September 14th.  Just take in clothing that you no longer want and is still in good condition and you will get coupons for a percentage off of your purchase.  You can even use the coupons towards cosmetics which never goes on sale.  It is a great way to clean out your closet and to buy some new things at a discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment