Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

I have had a fun, but busy weekend.  I have been wanting to sew pillows from a great rooster fabric that I found at a rummage sale.  So, I finally got busy and made 2 of them.  I used a different vintage trim on each one, but they both blend in well with the fabric.  I also put a zipper into both of them.  I like to make all of my pillows with zippers.   These are probably 2 of the best ones that I have made.  I am really excited about how they turned out.

We stopped at the Goodwill in Huntley on the way home from Church on Sunday.  We usually like to stop there since it's on our way home.   I found the cutest green duo vase with 22kt gold trim made by the Pearl China and Co. for $3.99.  Later in the day, we went back to the Goodwill in Lake Zurich to return the Skylanders game since the portal didn't work.  Can't play the game without the portal.  Goodwill will give store credit if an electronic item doesn't work and you return it in 10 days.  The store was so crowded and wiped out of stuff, but I did manage to find a cute small white vase with gold trim that was made in China for $1.99.  

The Crystal Lake Part District is holding an indoor garage sale in their building, Park Place, on Thursday starting at 8am.  We'll be there early waiting on line.  We always find something at this sale.  It is small, but fun to shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment