Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fun Fun Fun Today

Quite a few fun sales today.  The season has definitely begun.  I went to the Service League rummage sale at the Dole Mansion in Crystal Lake today.  They always have really nice stuff.  Today their prices were pretty good.  (Sometimes they are too high.)  I found quite a few costume jewelry pieces for $1 each, a green wicker basket for $1.50, a few books for $1 each, a great goldtone jewelry box with roses on top for $1, a vintage clutch purse for $3, a nice Japanese made dish for $2, a beautiful vintage hankie for $1, and the best of all, which I almost walked past for $1, was a Wendell August Forge aluminum dish.  I love hammered aluminum and have probably about 200 pieces of it.  I sold over 100 pieces in the last few years to make room and try now to only buy really unique pieces.  It was a nice find and only $1.  I also found a really nice goldtone mirror that I hung in my bedroom where my closets are.  I have been looking for a nice mirror for that spot and it was only $15.  It matches the overhead light fixtures.  Perfect!

I went to a few garage sales and found some fabric for $1 each, an iron piece for $5 that will be used at my parents house and some really nice costume jewerly pins for 25 cents each.  She also had a ring for $1 and a nice vase for 25 cents.  This was a great costume jewelry day.  I love finding costume jewelry.  It really makes my day.

The Carriage House in Crystal Lake had their Open House today and will go until Saturday.  All garden items were 10% off.  I found a tower, a black iron bird cage and a white iron cage.  I'm going to work some on the lawn/backyard this weekend (I hope) and will find a spot for those items.  I have a few ideas.

Tomorrow there will be a lot of neighborhood sales in Crystal Lake and McHenry.  I hope I have time to go to them all.  There are also 2 estate sales in McHenry that look promising.  Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment