Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

St. Mary's/Montini Rummage Sale Today

We had so much fun!  We saw many friends and even made a few new ones.  We did the whole sale in 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Probably a new record.  Each classroom was filled with stuff.  Austin found some Bionicle things for $1 each and a Star Wars toy for $1.  Ethan found some computer games for $1 each and a Nintendo DS game for $1.  I found some needlepoint doilies for 50 cents to $1 and a needlepoint tablecloth for $3, a vintage Santa for 50 cents, decorative trim for $1.50, a book on gnomes for 50 cents and a really nice jacket for $2.  (Even though the kids didn't think the jacket was that great.  I did!)  Before the sale, we had stopped at a garage sale across the street.  We bought a whole box of Pokemon cards (hundreds) for $8, a Nerf gun and bags of bullets for $8, and a vintage light up plastic very large Santa for $4 that will go to my mom.    We had lots of fun even though we bought less than previous years.  You never know what you will find.

We stopped at quite a few sales on the way home.  Austin found another Nerf gun with bullets for $4.  (Notice his obsession with Nerf guns).  Since the Nerf guns are so expensive, this is the way to buy them.  Two of the garage sales were at the homes of people we know either from other sales or from Pokemon.  It is such a small world.  Running into people I know makes the day so much more fun. 

I still have to look in the paper for tomorrow's garage sales to map out our hunt.  I love garage sale days.  Sunday is the Elkhorn Wisconsin Flea Market at the Fairgrounds.  I always look forward to those flea markets.  They don't have one in July and then resume in August and September.

No comments:

Post a Comment