Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Spring!

Even though it is still cold and windy here, I know that spring is around the corner.  My crocus and tulips are popping up.  That is such a happy day.  I love when the flowers start to emerge.  It is a glorious feeling.  I took a stroll in my yard to make note of what has to be done soon.  Lots of projects to do and more stuff to organize and get rid of.

I have spent the better part of the last few days cleaning and organizing.  It took Ethan and I all of Friday to rearrange his bedroom and to store childhood things away.  He was great at throwing stuff away.  I was proud of him.  His room looks great and he loves it.  Now on to Austin's room. 

Saturday was an indoor garage sale at McHenry Middle School in McHenry.  We only found a few things.  I did find these two really nice vintage pins for $5 each.  Nice and sparkly just like I love.

On Thursday, Park Place in Crystal Lake has a spring garage sale starting at 8am.  Zion Lutheran Church in McHenry is having their rummage sale on April 4th starting at 8am.  Hopefully there will be more garage sales this week.  Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment