Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

This past week has been crazy with school and other stuff.  I will be starting a long term kindergarten sub assignment on Tuesday and have been trying to catch up with small projects.  I still have so much to do.

This weekend I have been having fun with family and get togethers.  Probably eating tooooo many sweets also.  But, loving it.  I did manage to stroll through my garden to see what needs to be weeded and I saw that my flower pot had come alive with flowers.  I love these flowers that I have had for over 20 years from the Brooklyn Botanic Garden.  They never cease to amaze me. 

Rummage sales are beginning on Sept 6th in West Dundee and on Sept 12th in Prairie Grove.  I won't be able to get to them until the afternoons (since I will be subbing half days), but I know that I will manage to find treasures anyway.  I have many sewing and jewelry projects in mind and hope to make time to start them.  I always like to create when it is cooler outside.  It just seems like the time to stay inside. 

Sept 15th is the last Mukwonago WI flea market and Sept 22nd is the last Elkhorn WI flea market of the season.  I hate the end of the flea market season.  Oct 6th is the last Cedarburg WI flea market.  I will be counting down until May when they begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment