Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Visiting Flea Markets

This past weekend, I was super excited to be treasure hunting at 2 flea markets on the same day.  My husband and I were kidless, (the boys are away at camp) so we headed out early for the Mukwonago WI flea market that was held on Sat. and Sun.  As we were approaching Lake Geneva, the black storm clouds were also.  It was pretty scary driving under them.  Thankfully, we didn't hit any bad weather.  The rain had already passed at the flea market.  The dealers were still setting up, so we just went around it about 3 times to make sure that we didn't miss anything.  Of course, we had to get the cheese curds even though it was only 9:30 in the morning.  It's not a flea market without them.

We spent a few hours at the Mukwonago flea market and then decided to head over to the Rockford Vintage Market.  It was slightly out of our way, but it was one that I had never been too.  There were about 30 dealers there and the prices were good.  It ranged from vintage, primitive and repurposed items.  (The breweries were selling beer too).  I found a few treasures so the trip was well worth it.  Check our their facebook page for the Rockford Vintage Market.




Crystal Lake downtown area will be having sidewalk sales Thursday-Saturday.  On Saturday, the Antique Mall on Crystal Lake Avenue (across from the Carriage House) will be having a flea market.  The Church on Walkup Road in Crystal Lake will be having a rummage sale on Friday July 24 starting at 9am. Friday and Saturday will be the final Gallery in the Garden in Woodstock.  It has many artists selling their goods with music and food also.  It is located on Lawndale Avenue next to the house that was in the Groundhog Days movie.  

Happy treasure hunting! 




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info on Crystal Lake's side walk sale. I bet that will be a good one. I have never been to the Rockford Flea Market. Good to know about these. Have a wonderful day.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love visiting places that I haven't been to. Glad to share them with you. Have a great week! Milena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milena, 2 fleas in 1 day? That's my dream! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete