Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I'm Having a Garage Sale!

I'm having a garage sale this Friday from 8-3.  My friend Cecilia and I are having it together at my house.  I spent a good part of yesterday setting it up.  We originally wanted to have it on Thursday, but rain was in the forecast, so we changed it to Friday.  One day only.



I always wonder why I go through all of this work, but after it's over, I know why.  I love the clean feel of my house.  Most of the clutter is gone, until the fall when I do it all over again.



The sale is posted online and in the newspaper.  I'm surprised at how expensive the newspaper has become for garage sales.  You can't even see the listings with the new format.  That's probably why more people are using online sources instead.  Here's a link to one of those sources: http://gsalr.com/2-friends-garage-sale-woodstock-il-26755653.html




Everything will look much better when I get it out of the garage on Friday. I still have lots of fabric to set up on the rack.   Cecilia still has items to bring over.....we are going to have soooo much fun!

Happy treasure hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment