Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Time for Valentine's Day

Now that the Christmas decorations are all put away, it's time for Valentine's Day decorating.


I like to change this vignette area around each season. I love the huge silverplate tray with the gray pottery vases. I recently found a collection of vintage postcards at an estate sale and these are the two that I decided to keep. 


I also like to keep this French mirror on my coffee table to use as I decorate.  It's so lovely. I also like to change my vintage doilies with the season. This is a beautiful white and red rose one. It fits the Valentine theme. 


She is absolutely darling! This planter was definitely a keeper. 


I decided to change my Gumball machine seasonally too. Why hide it in a cabinet? I grabbed a few small things to put inside. 

I don't usually find a lot of vintage Valentine decorations. I'm always looking though.

The house seems so bare since I put away all the Christmas decorations. But I'm liking the simple beauty I've chosen for my Valentine's Day decorating. 

Mark your calendar for March 11. I'll be participating in the Elgin High School flea market again. I'll share my booth number in February. 

Happy treasure hunting!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh love that sweet valentines day girl planter. Too cute. I need her lol! She would be so cute to put valentines candies in her. Happy Friday. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris, she was the one thing I just had to keep! Sometimes I just have to do that. Have a great weekend. Milena

    ReplyDelete