Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, February 12, 2018

In the Garden

Today I did a presentation for the McHenry County Home and Community Education group where 40 attendees, the public was also invited, heard me speak on Flea Market Gardening. It was so much fun. Attendees also shared flea market gardening tips.  This group presents different topics throughout the year through the Extension office in Woodstock.


I had presented this topic a few years ago at Gardenfest but there is such a demand now for this topic that I added even more pictures to my presentation. (Gardenfest will be on April 7 this year at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake IL. Our keynote speaker is Mark Dwyer from the Rotary Gardens in Janesville WI).

This was such a snowy weekend! Probably 12" inches of snow or close to that. I pulled out the patchwork quilt top that I bought recently to begin finishing it. 


I originally planned on selling it but just couldn't. I am using a blue/gray fabric on the back that has a Victorian charm to it. I know it will take me a while to finish it. 

I put on my snowshoes yesterday and trudged down to the garage to get the quilt rack so I could start quilting the layers together. I still consider myself a beginner quilter but I really do enjoy the whole process of making a quilt. 

Here is my newest addition to my cows in the barn. 


It was a birthday gift.


I didn't start out to have a cow collection but that's how it's starting to look. 



Happy Valentine's Day and Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment