Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Welcome November

As I sit here typing this, we are expecting a few inches of snow. Again! Who would have thought that on Halloween we had 7.1" of snow.


At least we had some snow for the Holiday Open House at the Carriage House. It got everyone in the Christmas spirit! It was a fabulous Open House. We had people lining up a half hour before we opened. Then it was crazy busy for the first three hours. It was great!


These were from a recent estate sale that I took to the Open House. My heart always skips a couple of beats when I find vintage Christmas.


Just like it did when I found these musical ones. Those white chippy posts were an estate sale find also. I wrapped some poinsettia garland around them.


They look super cute for sitting on a mantel.

My trunk was so packed with vintage Christmas that I was taking to the Carriage House Open House that I couldn't even see out of the rear view mirror.


My space turned out really well....if I do say so....


Santa welcomed everyone coming out of a "chimney". Then vintage Christmas filled my space.


and more....


it felt like a toy store....


I can't wait now to start decorating my house for Christmas.

While at Christmas at the Farm, I found this elf for myself. I saw it across the room but since the flow of shoppers was going in one direction, I couldn't skip out of line.  Good thing no one else wanted him.


Another fun place to visit was the McNeil Mansion in Elgin. They had a Holiday Open House for the past two weekends. I finally visited it! They had the best dark chocolate salted caramel candy. I actually went back the next weekend to get more. The felted slippers, bags and hats were exceptional. So many other crafts and antiques were mixed in.

Here's the entry into the Christmas room....


There is nothing like visiting all the Open Houses or shows this time of year to get you in the Christmas spirit.  It's my favorite time of year!

Urban Farmgirl in Rockford has a fun open house. They had a great hot cocoa bar and while you're on line paying, they come around with fabulous sugar cookies. An added bonus to shopping there.


There's also a fabulous farm truck out front of the store...


Make sure to keep checking for local sales. There are still estate sales going on as well as craft shows and local housewalks. Get in the spirit of the season! I know I am.

Happy treasure hunting!




No comments:

Post a Comment