Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmastime

I love Chistmastime and all the glitz, sparkle and bling that surrounds it.  I always did.  My favorite job was working in a department store and seeing it all decorated at Christmastime. As I was growing up, we had a silver aluminum tree.  I always thought it was the ugliest thing I ever saw.  My mom eventually threw it out.  It was even in the original box.  Well guess what.  All of these years later, I have 3 miniature silver aluminum trees and I think that they are wonderful.  My favorite one was used in a department store as a  prop.  Each aluminum tree has a theme.  The smallest one is decorated with vintage Santas, one is decorated with vintage elves and other figures and the third one is decorated with ball ornaments either glass or some other material.

I collect vintage ornaments all year round.  I especially love elves and Santas.  My collection has grown, but I love to see it every year.  It brings me so much delight.  I don't put out everything; I don't have the display space for it.  We put up our tree on Sunday.  (We always buy it at Menards and it was only $22.88. )  It is the best tree we have ever had.  It is so full and is still drinking water, so I can keep it up until after the New Year without it losing all of its needles.  The kids kept asking me if we were done decorating it because I have so many ornaments to put on the tree.  It was never ending.  We tailored it down and put on as many ornaments as we could fit without making it look tacky.  It is splendid!

I was at Interiors Anew yesterday and found some vintage ornaments.  One of my favorites is an elf made with pinecones.  It was made in Japan.  I have a nice collection of them.  They are pretty old and so neat.  I don't display them too often since they are rather fragile.

Besides decorating for Christmas, I have been going through my collections and have begun listing some things on Ebay.  That should keep me busy throughout the winter.   Next, onto the kids stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment