Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spring?

Spring is slowly making its way to Woodstock, IL.  Today is still pretty cold, but it is sure to start warming up in the next few days.  I'm slowing starting to rotate my clothes.  That is a sure sign for me.  Another sure sign is when I change the kitchen tablecloth.  I always use a vinyl one since the boys are sure to rip it and spill stuff on it.  This still happens even though they are teenagers.  I found a simple one today at JoAnn Fabrics in Algonquin.  I brought out a springey cake stand and put a beautiful mum plant on it.  The mum was from Home Depot in McHenry and was on sale for $1.98.  I also bought tulips at the same time.  I'm still looking for my flower pots.  The garage is pretty crowded and may take some time to dig them out.

There is a Dundee library book sale this Thursday and Friday.  I have never been to it so I don't know anything about it.  Sounds like fun though!  April 12-13 is the Cary library book sale.  This is a great sale to go to.  On May 10th, the Urban Farmgirl is holding a vintage sale with 50 plus vendors at Midway Village Museum in Rockford.  Check out her blog urbanfarmgirlandco.blogspot.com.  Northwind Perennial in Burlington WI is having their antique fair on June 13-14.  There was supposed to be another vintage market in Rockford in April but it was delayed until the fall.

I just received the newest edition of Romantic Country magazine.  It has some nice articles on flea market finds.  I can't wait to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment