Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Annual Cheese Trip

Once or twice a year, we take a trip up to Monroe WI for a cheese buying spree.  Most of the cheese, except for cheddar, freeze well.  We stop at Alp and Dell to sample and buy cheese and Swiss Colony where we also buy petite fours and other cakes.  They freeze well also.

On the way through Brodhead, there is a home/barn that always decorates the end of their driveway. At Christmastime, there is a red pickup truck with Santa sitting in the drivers seat (I have posted pictures of this before) and in the summertime there is usually a pink bicycle decorated.


In addition to the pink bicycle, there was a baby carriage filled with flowers and a baby doll head sticking up in it.  It was such an awesome display.


The flowers in my garden are looking so beautiful.  The orange tiger lilies next to the purple wildflowers are stunning.

One of my favorites are alliums.  Especially the hairy ones!


The Algonquin Library summer book sale starts on July 7th with a fee for entry.  On Friday thru Sunday there is no fee.  The McHenry County University of Illinois Extension Master Gardeners are having their annual Garden Walk on July 9 starting at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake.  The Historical Society Museum in Union IL is having their fest/sale on Sunday July 10 starting at 9am. There's a white elephant sale, auction and pie contest.  The Mukwonago WI flea market is July 16-17, Cedarburg WI flea market is July 17 and sidewalk sales in Crystal Lake IL are July 28-30.  This is only a sampling of events during July.  There is so much to see and do.

Have a safe and fun Fourth of July celebration!


Happy treasure hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment