Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Hello summer!

Well, my vegetable garden had its first casualty sometime within the last day.  All of the hot pepper plants and two of the kohlrabi plants have completely disappeared.  Either the deer or rabbits had a feast.  At least the tomato plants are still there.  It's disappointing not only for the time I spent planting but for the money involved.  Last year the kohlrabi were eaten but not the hot pepper plants. I will probably try again but in pots in my driveway.  The animals don't touch them then.

It was a beautiful weekend here.  Finally the temperature was warm and the sun was out.  Austin and I spent the afternoon in Lake Geneva WI.  That is one of my favorite places.  We spend a lot of time there since he plays a strategy game, HeroClix, at the local comic shop.  I then have time to spend walking around for hours, by myself, enjoying a Starbucks drink and ice cream at Kilwins.  It was perfect!


I found a few treasures this week.  This pink quilt is really pretty.  It is hand pieced and in perfect condition.


I also found some great treasures at an estate sale.  Hard to pass up a bird cage and windows.  Never pass up old windows!


We never made it to Cedarburg WI on Sunday for the flea market.  Storms hit there during the day and most of the outdoor vendors didn't set up.  It was good that we didn't drive the almost two hours it takes us to get there.

I spent a few hours yesterday purging my milk glass collection.  I filled up a bin to take to the Carriage House to sell.  When I get in the mood to clean out, I go with it.  I will probably go through it again soon to clean out some more.  I like the cleaner look to the cabinets (pictures will come when I'm all through with the purging).  My next project may be my miniature perfume bottle collection that I started 33 years ago....

Happy treasure hunting and Happy summer!



3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your vegetable garden. I get so mad when that happens. In fact, I planted 5 coneflower bushes and rabbits ate all but one, so I threw it in a pot. It seems to be doing well finally. I hope your tomatoes survive.

    Good luck going through your collections. That has got to be quite the chore.

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rue, so far the tomatoes are still there. I keep checking! Milena

      Delete
  2. Hi Milena,
    Love your finds. Sorry about Cedarburg being a wash out. That is a shame. Hope your summer is off to a great start. Happy New Week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete