Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Thoughts

I just finished dusting and vacuuming my house while playing the last music CD, Southern Blood, that Greg Allman made.  Boy, does it touch my heart.  The first song, My Only True Friend, brings tears to my eyes each time. I guess that some soul searching is good.

With M&M's by my side, I'm just going to let my thought run..... It's a nice cool day after my hair kinked up from the morning rain.  So much for straightening it!

I have found some really great treasures lately.  I am going to show you lots of those.  Mostly small items but really fun anyway.


I have an idea for that wonderful frame in my room.  I have to play around with it for awhile before I can make a final decision.

I also found a ready made collection of oil cans. Great patina on them.


I couldn't part with this daisy basket.  I decided to keep it.  It's by my basement window and looks so cute with a vintage non working clock.  The clock has the best patina that I couldn't part with it either.


It cheers up that area and will be really nice when it's snowing outside.  It will always be spring in my house.


I just have to share a close up of it...


Here's some more finds...


I just loved this mini hat stand with vintage doll hats.  That's sitting on my case that's filled with Statue of Liberty figures.


I don't usually do a lot of decorating for Halloween.  I usually do more of a fall theme.  (Christmas is when I go way out with the decorating).

A round French mirror looks nice with a giant pumpkin on it.  I found that pumpkin years ago at a rummage sale for $3.  It's sitting on a fall themed quilt that was also from a rummage sale for $5.


Hello Fall keeps it simple.


My friend Cecilia gave me this crazy picture that reminded her of our outings! It's fun to put it out during Halloween. Doilies are always a part of my decor.  It doesn't look finished to me unless I have a doily in the display.  I guess that stems from my growing up where there was always a doily on the furniture.


My fireplace mantel is really long so I try to create small vignettes along it.  


Simple but fall like.  

Enjoy the fall weather and the rummage/garage sales. Thursday is the Methodist Church rummage sale in McHenry starting at 9am.  On Saturday is a barn sale in Richmond at 4219 W. Solon Rd by Rubbish Farm from 8-2.  Nellies Barn Sale is Friday and Saturday in Roscoe.  This is always a great sale with lots of wonderful vendors.  

Happy treasure hunting!


4 comments:

  1. I got smart a few years back, weeded out all the 'junky' decor items and now I mostly decorate for 'autumn' with pumpkins scattered in living room, dining room hutch / tea cart / dining table, and a shelf in my kitchen above stove. I do have a cute litte ceramic set of 'trick or treater' figures I put on TV stand, which I switch out with ceramic turkeys on Nov 1st. But I used to completely change the decor out, removing all my 'regular vintage' decor and I don't do that any more. I mingle my autumn around my 'regular' stuff. Dawn P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn, glad that we have a similar idea of keeping it simple for fall decorating. Sometimes less is more! Milena

      Delete
  2. Hope you got to Nellies barn sale. I did not make it this year I bet it was great. I am thinking less is more is a good way to decorate now a days too. Love seeing your fall decor. Happy New Week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I didn't make it either this year. I thought things would slow down as the boys got older but it hasn't. Have a good week Kris! Milena

    ReplyDelete