Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, November 2, 2017

A Few New Additions

I know. I said that I wasn't buying anything for myself.  Well, that all changed recently when I found this....a Westmoreland milk glass rabbit covered dish.


So, I rearranged my cabinet, reduced my head vase collection, and redisplayed the treasures that I was keeping. (for now) I had been collecting head vases for at least 20 years and felt that it was time to let go of some of them. My whole thing with my collections has been that if it doesn't bring me joy, out it goes. Otherwise, it just becomes clutter.


While at an estate sale in a Victorian home, I found this wonderful jeweled basket made from vintage costume jewelry pieces.


I had been looking for something like this for a long time that was reasonably priced.  It came home with me!


Once again, I rearranged my collections and found a nice prominent spot for it.  That's what is so nice about treasure hunting. You can mix and change constantly whenever something "new" comes along. I love that part of it!


My fun "new" finds along with my "old" finds.


Complete for now!

I can't promise that I won't keep any more finds.  Especially since I kept him....


How could I not? I had never seen anything like him and that face was too cute to let go. He will be a part of my vintage Christmas decor.

I have been really busy getting everything together for the Carriage House Holiday Open House November 9-12. 


This is always an exciting Open House. It is vintage Christmas wonderland!

This Friday and Saturday is the Christmas at the Farm with Nellie's Barn Sale in Belvidere IL. It is always a fun sale! 3 French Hens market in Morris IL is November 10-11. There are so many wonderful holiday markets coming up. I am interested in Jen's Fresh Vintage holiday market in Elburn, IL and Washington Street Holiday Market in Naperville, IL. I have not been to them but would love to.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment