Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, November 10, 2017

Holiday Open House

This week has been a whirlwind of Holiday Open Houses. First was the Shops on Pepper Road in Barrington. It was so much fun with lots of holiday finds and food.

Then, I have been setting up all week for the open house at the Carriage House. Yesterday was the first day.


I had so many vintage ornaments that I filled up a bassinet!



There is a huge selection of vintage Christmas pins.


I put the pins on flash cards so that they were easier to handle and to see.  They fit nicely in a primitive carry all.


Here was my creative way to display the reindeer. Super cute!


Lots of vintage greeting cards. On the top shelf are trees that I designed. Below the shelf are jalopies with Santa's driving that I also designed.



That's a really cute Santa bobble head like decoration.


Another creative way to display Christmas picks. The reindeer work perfectly in the milk glass vase.


The vintage coat pairs well with the vintage dress.  My space is really packed with vintage Christmas but the customers loved it! Yesterday was the first day and it was so crowded. We couldn't have been happier that our tastes were loved and appreciated by so many. It's so much fun looking for treasured items that bring happiness to others as much as finding them bring to us.


I managed to fit it all in!


As items sold, I was able to replenish with vintage boxed ornaments. I find these treasures all year long and price/store them in bins. Opening each bin is like Christmas to me! I'm amazed at what's inside each one.

So tomorrow, a few friends are going with me to the 3 French Hens Holiday Market in Morris. I'm really excited for this one!

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment