Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Soooo Many Finds

This picture of my fabulous garage sale find....


had the most likes on the White Ironstone China Association Facebook page in June that it is now the July cover photo for the groups page! I'm super excited to have it featured!!!!

Speaking of finds, here are a few other great treasures that I found recently:


This Everlast bamboo pattern ice bucket was from the Pecatonica Flea Market.  I wasn't looking for more hammered aluminum but couldn't pass this up.

Here's a really cool garage sale plant stand....


I hit the garage sale jackpot one day for vintage toy trucks...



I kept the blue one...


It blends in well with my other collectibles.

At the Belvidere Flea Market I walked away from this dress form a few times before finally buying it.  I'm so glad I did! It's larger than any other that I have, it was made in New York and it's fabulous!



I have it in my dining room now.


Keeping on the garage sale kick, I found this piece of ironstone recently for my collection...


I just had to share this cookbook page I recently bought at a garage sale.  It's hysterical!


Old cookbooks have the craziest ideas. That's what makes them so fun to go through.  Don't pass them up.

Two friends and I finally had a garage sale.  It was great to clean out.  One table didn't sell and it was a good thing after all. It looks really great in my garden with a lavender plant on it.


I love the color chipped on it.


I was waiting for the perfect time to take a photo of my statue with the hostas in bloom. But, with all  the rain we were having, I didn't have a chance to spray deer repellent on them.  The deer devoured them so this is the best picture I can hope for this summer....


Debbie from the Peacock Shoppe in Ridgefield made me this fairy garden in a piece of milk glass. It was so thoughtful of her.



So now with summer finally in full swing, we at the Carriage House are having an architectural salvage sale starting on July 5 for the whole month.


Here are some more sales this month:  3 French Hens in Morris on July 13, Cedarburg Flea Market in Cedarburg WI July 14, Union Historical Museum in Union on July 14, Crystal Lake Sidewalk Sales in the downtown shops July 18-20. Mukwonago Flea Market in Mukwonago WI July 20-21.

The McHenry County University of Illinois Extension Master Gardeners are having their annual Gardenwalk on July 13.

The McHenry County 4-H Fair starts on July 30-Aug 4.

There's so much to do in July! There are local festivals, not to mention garage sales/estate sales and a visit to Lake Geneva. Don't forget to eat ice cream along the way.

Happy treasure hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment