Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, September 14, 2019

It's Been a While

I know, I know. It's been a lot longer than I thought since my last post. I'm so sorry. Life just got away from me.

I'll try to catch you up:

I saw fabulous paper lanterns in a vintage magazine and thought I would never find any. Well, at an estate sale there they were! Someone else had put them down and I snatched them up. So, I hung them in my sun room for a 4th of July get together.  Loved it!



Look at the details on them.




Fast forward to the middle of July. I always get into the Christmas creating mood in the middle of July when it's hot. I just put on some music and get out my little trucks and create. 


And here's some more....


These will be at the Vintage Christmas Open House at the Carriage House in November.

Here's an exciting find for my Statue of Liberty collection....another item I never thought I would find but thanks to a garage sale there it was.


It's a light and it works!

One of my favorite flea markets is at Holy Hill in Hubertus Wisconsin. It's held once a year at the end of July.  It was a beautiful day to be there and the hot dog tasted delicious.


Here's a bird's eye view from the top of the cathedral (yes I walked all the way to the top).


We spent some time with my family in New Jersey and Pennsylvania in August and made sure to visit another one of my favorite flea markets in Saylorsburg PA. It's in the Pocono Mountains.


Besides the two Santa blow molds that I found there, I also found these other Santa's at an estate sale in New Jersey....


Look how great this one is....


I found a few other wonderful items while on my trip. A few pieces of ironstone:


and another Statue of Liberty for my growing collection...



We always stop at Wendell August Forge in Grove City PA on the way home to look at the aluminum.  I love to look in the museum at my favorite pieces...


and this one....


Back at home estate/garage saleing, I came across this really great purse....


and here is the back....


I'm going to incorporate it somehow into my Thanksgiving decor.  I'll let you know what I come up with.

Look at the lower left hand corner on this shelf for my newest flower frog addition.  It's a turtle shell...


A few months ago I showed you this really great metal plant stand. I just popped a pumpkin into it for some quick fall decor...


The Carriage House just celebrated the beginning of their 16th year in business during the Vintage Finds off Route 14 shop crawl. We redid the whole store.  I especially love how this wall in my space came out...



Today was the St. Gabriel flea market up in Hubertus WI. I finally got to go! It was super fun and one that I will go to again.  Tomorrow is the second day of the Pecatonica IL flea market. Sept 21 is the flea market in Belvidere IL. A fun event in downtown Crystal Lake is the Johnny Appleseed event on Sept 28. The last Elkhorn WI flea market for the season is on Sept 29.  On the same day is a Farm Stroll put on by the McHenry County University of Illinois Extension Master Gardeners and local farms. Its a go on your own tour.

Now on to October: Oct 4-5 is a vintage Shop Hop with over 300 (maybe more) shops in IL and WI participating. Carriage House is on it.  The last Cedarburg WI flea market of the season is on Oct 6. The same day is the Union Historical Society Cider Fest autumn event. Three French Hens in Morris IL is on Oct 12. Autumn Drive in Woodstock is on Oct 18-20.

There are still many sales going on.

Happy treasure hunting!


2 comments:

  1. Your statue of liberty collection is unique and amazing! We are headed to PA in October but not going that far north..but sure I will find some treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip! You will definitely find some treasures. Maybe even a Statue of Liberty to start your own collection.

    ReplyDelete